Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Our Homeschool Classroom

Today I would love to share one of our many places we learn! It was originally going to be my office/garden office, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. We, instead, turned it into our main learning area. It is in our backyard, where if the weather is sunny (and even sometimes when it's not so nice :) is mostly outdoor learning for us, but "the shop" makes a  great little hideaway from the summer heat and fun little place to for the kids to hang out in when doing a project or playing school. Plus the ducks like to sneak in when no one is looking and hang out - hahaha!


the art wall & our many white boards
The art wall is a place where I hang their creations and each kid has a shelf to put their bigger items. Right now we have some Egyptian coffins and paper dolls they created. The shelf below the calendar & white board keeps our rocks for now. We are exploring rocks for science and the shelf gives them hands on ability to touch, see, smell, and weigh them. It will change when we move on to a new idea. The cork board is where I hang finished art work, the month, and a Proverbs 31 women list. The upper white board is for scripture or quotes for copy work & the one below if for daily lessons.


The shared desk - all three of us used to sit here but it got a little squished so I created my own space.

a favorite art activity - paint! Love these $1.99 at Michael's (for the big bottle)


Our book nook - we rotate the paper back books often and the kids can just relax and read for a bit between lessons or when they get bored.


My space - I moved my grandmother's desk under the window that faces the garden. It gives us less overall floor space but it is nice to be able to have my own area to keep notes and work when I have the gardens and classes in full swing!

A view of each side from the door - all this in a 9x9 space ! 



 These 2 don't seem to mind. It's bright & colorful & we are close to nature.





No comments:

Post a Comment