Monday, January 5, 2015

Photography Assignment - Frozen

I have changed things up this semester in schooling! When I first started this adventure in schooling, I was really set in stone with the "by the book" learning. After a while I realized that it just wasn't meshing well with our flow as a family. We are all active, hands on, and creative people. My kids learn through creating. Active learning is what we do best. 

For the new year I gave them both an old camera, Allison was given our first ever DSLR (a pretty good camera that still takes great pictures) & Scotty was given the point and shoot. I gave them an assignment to photograph what frozen looks like. I bet you all thought they (or at least Allison) would have included one of Elsa or Anna, but to my surprise they came back with these beautiful photos! 
Allison's photo of frozen

Scotty's photo of frozen (never mind the strap, he's still learning :)
I have to say, that adding art in various forms, photography, painting, building, cooking, drawing, journaling, scrapbooking, writing, music, gardening, etc. really opens up a whole new learning environment. I give them the utensils and let them go for it! Amazing what they can come up with! Plus the kids are more into the assignments & love sharing their work with everyone!

Have you incorporated art into your schooling? What is your favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment