Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Keeping Bees and Rainy Day Photos

What better way to spend a rainy day than taking pictures around the garden!


I would love to show off beautiful new office that is currently under construction, but the muck and mud that is surrounding it makes me shudder.
 I could never call myself a gardener again if I showed my unlandscaped yard, instead enjoy the lavender and below is some moss that grows on the fence between houses, always so green and lush when the weather is dreary.
 I do have some ideas for the landscaping though. We have chosen not to go back with grass and instead grow white clover. I am trying my hardest to get more bees into our yard. Funny thing, bees are a hobby. I absolutely love them. They are the most interesting insect to watch and study, I photograph them most everyday.
 In the next few years I am hoping to have a hive hanging in the tree out front to study them in a natural way. Taking honey in the spring, leaving honey for them through the winter so they have food to keep them nourished. No added sugar for the bees, it just doesn't see as nature intended. I also want to research and study  Colony Collapse Disorder, it interests me.
 Back to the garden. I have a set of these lovely mushrooms from the 70's hiding out and the Vinca has decided to bloom in this warmer wet weather. I have found the rain water refreshing and so have the plants.

Question: Do you keep bees? How do you keep your bees? Any tips on raising bees? and lastly, Where is a good place to start with Colony Collapse Disorder? 

Also, on a side note. Local people only, I will be posting the heirloom plants I will have ready for sale by June. I will also take orders for herbs, squash, and melons so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment