Friday, May 30, 2014

Our Chickens & Early Morning Farming

For Mother's Day I requested two gifts from my kids. One was a day of no fighting or arguing and the other was chickens.

I got one at least...here is our latest addition to the farm. Three adorable RIR, Camilla, Billina, and Chicken Lickin'.



The hand painted sign by the kids. Allison spelled "chikins" by herself. I think it's pretty good for being in kindergarten.

 Here are the girls playing in the dirt. We purchased them from C Bar D. I highly recommend them. They are way out of our way, but the guys know there stuff and are very helpful and everyone is friendly. Another plus is that everything is local, including the seed we buy...LOVE IT!

Another benefit of growing up on an urban farm with a nature loving mom is early mornings in the gardens. My littlest loves playing in the dirt, planting things, and using his wheelbarrow to move stuff around the yard.
 Such a fun, hands on experience at this age. They love exploring and figuring things out and I love that he is gaining a love of nature and that working can be fun and rewarding.

Don't forget that Garden 118's Meet & Greet is coming up on June 17th between 10am - 12pm. Lots of fun things are planned:
Tour our working Urban Farm
Meet the hens
Explore the Children's Veggie Patch
Paint the official Garden 118 Children's Veggie Patch Sign
Stay for refreshments and conversation

Classes are free and snacks are provided.
I will also have handouts for up coming classes, information on local farmers markets, and sign up sheets for volunteers for snacks and drinks.

Also, if you would like to make a donation to help pay for the activity supplies please email me or message me on Facebook.

Can't wait to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment