Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Fresh Basil = Pizza Time!

Hi, friends!
Our garden is flourishing and we are now enjoying the benefits of our hard work!

  Fresh basil from the garden is something we just can't wait for. It is right up there with fresh homegrown, sun ripened tomatoes!

With the weather being a bit out of the ordinary this year, we were able to plant the basil in the garden about mid April. 

Last night I just couldn't resist going out to the garden and picking some for our dinner last night:

Sausage Pizza
Pizza Margarita
Vegetable Salad


I have to say, nothing is better than homemade pizza! A goal for this year was to make the perfect pizza and I think I have achieved that!

Some secrets I keep up my sleeve:

Pizza Stone
Preheat oven to 500F
Minimal toppings
Use a cold pizza dough recipe (America's Test Kitchen has a great one)


Turns out great every time. I usually make my own sauce, but recently have come across a jarred sauce that has minimal ingredients, no red dye, and it tastes so yummy! Francesco Rinaldi Pasta Sauces. It is nice to have on hand for those days you are just running out of time (even when you are a stay at home mom, days do get hectic, Am I right?).

What are some of your favorite summer produce that you just can't wait for?

By the way, I heard that the Wednesday Chico Farmers Market starts next Wednesday, maybe I will see you there!




No comments:

Post a Comment