Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Earth Day!!!

Happy Earth Day!
I thought I would share some of the recent activities here at Garden 118!

 On a recent nature walk at Verbena Fields we found a heart shaped rock and a cute little shell. We also found a pixie hollow and TONS of tadpoles.
 Our Borage has started attracting some beautiful insects to our garden, fun to observe and journal about. 
 After our plant sale, last Saturday, I got the itch to plant our tomatoes. They are already flowering and I have to finish staking them, but I am dreaming of the first bite of a fresh tomato sandwich and Tomato Basil Pizza!
 A beautiful butterfly hanging above the now blooming Trumpet Vine.
 A little one playing behind the roses, exploring the flowers and writing in her journal.
 Lettuce and radishes are plentiful this season. I picked enough for last nights dinner and it was fantastic, with homemade ranch dressing.
Our other little one helping out with the chicken coop. In a few weeks we will have some new friends at Garden 118, CHICKENS!

Hope all of you had a wonderful Easter and Happy Earth Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment